I know it's been a while, and I apologize for that.
Even though I found my camera cord, no matter what I do, I can't get the pictures to transfer over. Not through the cord, or even inserting my memory card into my laptop.
After thinking about it for a while, I still don't like to post a blog without a picture, but as my mama used to say...."One Monkey don't stop no Show."
So here I am.
I learned today that something I have been doing for YEARS is really popular on several of the blogs that I read.
Menu planning.
It really makes your week so much easier, and for me at least, it drasticly cuts down on the number of last minute stops at the grocery. Plus it saves a lot of money.
So without further ado, here is our menu for the week:
Monday: Leftovers from last night.
I always encourage Mel (my hubs) to make enough to carry over, because typically Monday's are difficult enough without having to cook.
So tonight we will have BBQ'd shrimp and yellow rice. There's also a couple of stray pieces of tilapia that can go on the George Foreman with some lemon pepper seasoning.
Tuesday: Chicken and Dumplings.
A whole roasted chicken from Wal-Mart, a box of chicken stock, two cans of cream of your choice, water, and Mary B's dumplings or some cut up tortillias. Dump everything except the dumplings in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce. Add dumplings, and simmer for an hour or so. Remove chicken carcass and take meat off bone. (You could do this before, but I find two things: 1. The dish has more flavor, and 2. The meat literally falls off the bone, therfore reducing the amount of work.) Return meat to pot, continue to simmer until ready to serve. Goes great with greens and cornbread in the winter, or in the summer, just a salad.
Hint- Mel makes a creamier/heavier broth in the winter and a thinner broth in the summer. Play with your measurements of cream soup and liquid.
Wednesday:
Hot Dogs/Polish Sausage
Slice onions and peppers and saute. I usually throw the meat on the grill and call it a day.
Thursday:
Trash.
Yep. Trash. It's a southern thing. Crawfish, Turkey necks, sausage, corn and potatoes. Lemons and beer to taste.
Get a HUGE pot...(We buy live crawfish, which is sold by the 50 lb bag), Add water, Old Bay, and Crab Boil. Beer (for cooking purposes at least) is optional. Let come to a roiling boil.
Add Turkey necks first as they take the longest to cook.
Then potatoes.
Then sausage.
Then corn. Fresh is best if you can get it. Just trust me.
Last add the crawfish and cook till bright red.
Call me and thank me later
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday
We usually go out.
Sunday -
Hmmm... I haven't decided, but I think we are going to have a fish fry.
Hope you enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment